DECEASED ESTATES – WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU PASS AWAY?
If you die, your shares will be transferred to your heir/s who must be a black person or a black-controlled entity as defined in the B-BBEE Codes.
In the event of your death, the Executor of your Estate will need to inform JSE Investor Services of your death.
JSE Investor Services will need the following documents:
- Death certificate
- Power of Attorney, if applicable
- Executor appointment letter and ID copy
- Estate Late Bank details, not older than three months
- Executor’s Service Bill not older than three months
- Any additional documentation that may be required from time to time